Mennonite Research Fellowship (Bluffton, Ohio, USA)
Mennonite Research Fellowship was organized in 1945 at Bluffton, Ohio, to meet the desire of a number of Mennonite college faculty members to promote scholarship in the fields directly related to the Mennonite church, its history, faith, and life. It had 13 charter members. Membership was by invitation to scholars who were communicant members of some Mennonite congregation and who had a demonstrated capacity and achievement in research. Candidates for membership must have had a minimum of publications directly related to Mennonites and the quality of writing had to be at least on a Master's Degree level. The organization consisted of a president, vice-president, and secretary-treasurer, who served as the Executive Committee. The meetings were arranged for on an annual or biannual basis as circumstances dictated.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 637. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Fretz, J. Winfield. "Mennonite Research Fellowship (Bluffton, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M467140.html.
APA style: Fretz, J. Winfield. (1957). Mennonite Research Fellowship (Bluffton, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M467140.html.