Mennonite Writers Fellowship
Mennonite Writers Fellowship, established in 1951 by the editorial staff of the Mennonite Publishing House to promote better religious writing, held annual meetings and writers' workshop at Laurelville Mennonite Camp near Scottdale, Pennsylvania, and issued a quarterly multilithed release, the Christian Writer. In 1956 it had 227 members, with officers as follows: John A. Hostetler chairman, Helen Trumbo vice-chairman, Elizabeth Showalter secretary-treasurer. The Fellowship ceased about 1966.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 642. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Mennonite Writers Fellowship." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M46771.html.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1957). Mennonite Writers Fellowship. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M46771.html.