The Mennonitischer Zentralausschuss (Mennonite Central Committee) was established in 1950 at Frankfurt, Germany, to serve as a liaison between the Mennonite Central Committee (of the United States and Canada) and the German Mennonite churches. The latter were represented on the committee by one representative delegated by each of the three German Mennonite conferences as follows: Vereinigung, Verband, and Elders' Committee of the Conference of (former) West and East Prussian Mennonite Churches. The European director of the Mennonite Central Committee usually served as chairman. The members in 1957 were Cornelius Wall, Ulrich Hege, Abraham Braun, and Otto Wiebe. Meetings were held as needed to review the MCC program in Germany and its relations to the German Mennonite brotherhood and its work.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 650. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Mennonitischer Zentralausschuss." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 18 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M4763.html.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1957). Mennonitischer Zentralausschuss. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M4763.html.