Mennonursing, after 1947 called The Christian Nurse, an 8-page 6x9 in. journal, the official organ of the Mennonite (MC) Nurses' Association, printed at Scottdale, Pennsylvania, was founded in March 1945 as a quarterly and changed to a bimonthly in 1949.
The first editor was Verna Zimmerman, followed by Elizabeth Erb 1945-1946, Orpah Mosemann 1946-1951, Mabel Brunk 1951-1952, Clara Headrick 1952-1954, Ruth Lederach 1954-1956, and Margaret Brubacher Ashley 1956-1958.
The Christian Nurse was absorbed by Mennonite Hospitals and Homes in 1958. A periodical with the same name was published 1962-1969, but eventually was absorbed by the Mennonite Medical Messenger.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 652. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Swartzendruber, Maude. "Mennonursing (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M4792.html.
APA style: Swartzendruber, Maude. (1957). Mennonursing (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M4792.html.