Messenger of Truth (Periodical)
The Messenger of Truth is the official organ of the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite. It began as a monthly 4-page supplement, 8 x 11 in., to the Botschafter der Wahrheit in January 1903. John D. Dueck was acting editor for three years. On 18 February 1906, F. C. Fricke was chosen editor, which office he filled for 36 years. Reuben J. Koehn became the editor 1 January 1943. During the first 54 years of its existence the Messenger of Truth was printed in Hillsboro, Kansas, Ithaca, Michigan, Scottdale, Pennsylvania, and Newton, Kansas. It was printed in 1957 by Herald Publishing Co. of Newton, as a biweekly of 12 pages, 8 x 11 in. The circulation was a little over 3,000 in 1957.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 657-658. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Hiebert, P. G. "Messenger of Truth (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M4884.html.
APA style: Hiebert, P. G. (1957). Messenger of Truth (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M4884.html.