Mission News (Periodical)
The Mission News was a bimonthly paper published by the Franconia Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities (MC). It was first published in March 1937 as a four-page paper. Later it developed into an eight- page paper. It 1955 it was a 16-page paper, approximately 8 x 10 in. in size. It was printed at the Mennonite Publishing House at Scottdale, PA, with an edition of 2,100. The purpose of this paper was given by President Isaiah G. Ruth in the first issue as follows: "The object of the undertaking is to inform our people as to the work which is carried on by the Board and the mission stations under its supervision." The editors were 1937-1939 Claude Shisler and Jacob M. Moyer; 1940-1955 J. Silas Graybill and Elmer B. Kolb.
In 1972 it was continued by Franconia Conference News.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 709. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Graybill, J. Silas. "Mission News (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 19 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M578345.html.
APA style: Graybill, J. Silas. (1957). Mission News (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M578345.html.