Missionary News and Notes (Periodical)
Missionary News and Notes, the organ of the Women's Missionary Association of the General Conference Mennonite Church, 722 Main St., Newton, Kansas. Its primary purpose was to propagate missionary interest among women of the Conference constituency and solicit their participation in the support of all Conference missionary endeavors. It was first published in 1926 as a monthly (except July and August) four-page leaflet with variable format. It was published in 1957 as a 16-page monthly, size 7 x 10 in., printed by the Herald Book and Printing Company of Newton. Its highest circulation, 6,650, was reached in 1947; the 1957 circulation was 6,274.
The editors to 1957 included Susie T. Schroeder 1926-1929; Martha K. Goerz 1929-1945; Joanna S. Andres 1945-1948; Mrs. A. D. Klassen 1949-1956 (partial); and Mrs. Ira Sprunger 1956- . A German edition appeared in 1929-1945. The German editors were Mrs. F. H. Klassen 1937-1939 and Mrs. Gerhard Friesen 1939-1945. At first the German edition was mimeographed and published separately but in April 1936 the separate issues were combined in one publication. Missionary News and Notes was later published entirely in English. In 1965 Missionary News and Notes was superseded by Missions Today.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 711. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Andres, Joanna S. "Missionary News and Notes (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M57865.html.
APA style: Andres, Joanna S. (1957). Missionary News and Notes (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M57865.html.