Molalla Mennonite Church (Molalla, Oregon, USA)
Molalla Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), now extinct, located at Molalla, Oregon, a member of the Pacific Coast Conference, was organized with 40 members in 1935, when Joe Yoder was ordained as minister for the congregation, largely out of a number of Swedish converts who had been members of the Hopewell Mennonite Church. At first a hall at an unsatisfactory location near the rodeo stadium was used, but in 1937 a meetinghouse was built on Third Street. When the Sweet Home congregation was organized in 1939 about half of the Molalla membership united with this group. From that time on the membership declined seriously. When Yoder left for Arizona in 1945, J. S. Roth was made minister in charge. In 1951 the work was closed.
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon., 4 v. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: III, 144.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 724. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Molalla Mennonite Church (Molalla, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M6470.html.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1957). Molalla Mennonite Church (Molalla, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M6470.html.