Monthly Letter of the Mennonite Women's Missionary Society
The Monthly Letter of the Mennonite Women's Missionary Society was the first publication of the Women's Missionary organization of the Mennonite Church (MC). It began as an annual letter in 1919 (first issue March 1), became a quarterly in 1920, and a monthly in 1921. It was a single sheet broadside, 8-1/2 x 10 in., until Vol. 4 (1922) when it became a 4-page folder, continuing as such to the end of 1927. It was edited by the general secretary of the organization who was Clara Eby Steiner (Mrs. M. S. Steiner) from the beginning until her retirement in 1926. The society was disbanded at the end of 1927 and the paper discontinued with the November-December 1927 issue (complete file in Mennonite Historical Library (Goshen, IN)). It was succeeded by the Missionary Sewing Circle Letter, published by the General Sewing Circle Committee of the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities, which began publication July 1930.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 747. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Monthly Letter of the Mennonite Women's Missionary Society." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M6576.html.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1957). Monthly Letter of the Mennonite Women's Missionary Society. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M6576.html.