Morrow Gospel Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)
The Morrow Gospel Church began services and formally organized in 1967. The first building was occupied in 1967. Norman Friesen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Gospel Mennonite Church.
In 1975 there were 181 members; in 1985, 250; in 2002, 155. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference since 1967. The language of worship is English.
755 St. Anne's Rd., Winnipeg, MB, R2N 4G6. (204) 257-2500. Located in St. Vital. Pastor A. Ed Stoesz served in 2002 as a congregational leader.
Canadian Mennonite (25 April 1967): 1; (19 December 1967): 1.
EMMC Recorder (February 1977): 6; (May 1977): 4.
Heppner, Jack. Search for Renewal: the Story of the Rudnerweider/Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference 1937-1987. Winnipeg, MB: EMMC, 1987.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Morrow Gospel Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M67224.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (February 1989). Morrow Gospel Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M67224.html.