Neubergthal Rudnerweider Mennonite Church (Neubergthal, Manitoba, Canada)
|The Neubergthal Rudnerweide Church, ca. 1944
Source: Search for Renewal, p. 69
The Neubergthal Rudnerweider Mennonite congregation began services in 1937. The first building was occupied in 1944. Jacob H. Friesen and Wilhelm H. Falk are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through division from the Sommerfelder Mennonite Church.
In 1950 there were 53 members. The congregation dissolved in 1969. It had been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference. The language of worship was German and English; the transition from German occurred in 1965-69.
The last ministerial leaders were J. H. Friesen, Edwin Klippenstein, and Peter Schmidt.
The congregation was located five miles southeast of Altona, Manitoba.
Heppner, Jack. Search for Renewal: the Story of the Rudnerweider/Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference, 1937-1987. Winnipeg: EMMC, 1987.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 845. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Hamm, H. H. and Marlene Epp. "Neubergthal Rudnerweider Mennonite Church (Neubergthal, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N4813ME.html.
APA style: Hamm, H. H. and Marlene Epp. (February 1989). Neubergthal Rudnerweider Mennonite Church (Neubergthal, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N4813ME.html.