Neunhuben (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)
Neunhuben (also known as Dziewięćwłók, Bahrenhof; now known as Dziewięć Włók); coordinates: 53.441476 N, 18.646517 E [53° 26' N, 18° 38' E]; population in 1905, 99), a village in the Polish district of Schwetz, west of the Vistula River, was in 1659 ff. settled by Dutch colonists who may have been Mennonites. In the course of time they all left this area on account of repeated floods. Then in 1745 the village was bought by a number of Mennonite farmers from the neighboring villages of Montau, Schönsee, and others. In the land leases of Neunhuben the following Mennonite names are found: Kopper, Rosenfeldt, Goerz, Klieuwer, Bartel, and Geddert. The Mennonites of Neunhuben belonged to the Montau congregation.
"Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Hans-Jürgen Wolf. Web. 29 September 2012. http://www.westpreussen.de.
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 219.
Wiebe, H. Das Siedlungswerk der niederländischen Mennoniten im Weichseltal. Marburg a.d. Lahn, 1952: 25 f, 59 note 23, 100-104.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 856. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: van der Zijpp, Nanne and Richard D. Thiessen. "Neunhuben (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 2012. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N48735.html.
APA style: van der Zijpp, Nanne and Richard D. Thiessen. (September 2012). Neunhuben (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N48735.html.