Ninga Mennonite Church (Ninga, Manitoba, Canada)
The Ninga Mennonite congregation in Manitoba began services in 1931, and formally organized in 1951. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union. It was part of the Whitewater group of churches. It amalgamated with Whitewater when a new church was constructed at Boissevain in 1960. Five families also joined the Killarney Mennonite Church.
The group met in a rented church. Abram J. Neufeld served as the last congregational leader. The congregation dissolved in 1960. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Canada. The language of worship was German.
Mennonite Encyclopedia, "Whitewater."
Neufeld, G. G. Die Geschichte der Whitewater Mennoniten Gemeinde in Manitoba, Canada 1925-1965. Altona: D. W. Friesen, 1967.
History of the Whitewater Mennonite Church, Boissevain, Manitoba 1927-1987. 1987.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Ninga Mennonite Church (Ninga, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N554.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Ninga Mennonite Church (Ninga, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N554.html.