Nyabasi Mennonite Church (Tanzania)
The Nyabasi (Tanzania) Mennonite Church, located 46 miles (70 km) east of Shirati, Tanzania, is in the Kuria tribal area. Work in this tribe was begun by Glinton Ferster on 1 January 1940. Doctor Noah Mack joined them in June of the same year. The beginning of the church dates from 17 November 1940 when two were received into church fellowship and the first communion service was held. Noah Mack had pastoral oversight of the church until Simeon Hurst arrived 13 June 1941. In 1956 the membership stood at 24.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 930. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Stauffer, Elam W. "Nyabasi Mennonite Church (Tanzania)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N90.html.
APA style: Stauffer, Elam W. (1957). Nyabasi Mennonite Church (Tanzania). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N90.html.