Ohrloff Mennonite Hospital (Molotschna Colony, South Russia)
Ohrloff Mennonite Hospital, located in the Molotschna Mennonite settlement, Russia, was established by the heirs of H. H. Reimer in 1910. The first doctors were Fink (Dorpat University), Gerhard D. Dürksen (Odessa University), and J. J. Isaak (Medical School at St. Petersburg). The manager was H. D. Günther. The report for the year 1912 listed the following doctors in service: O. Pinker, P. Dück, and Gerhard G. Dürksen. During that year, 467 patients were treated and the average number of patients in the hospital at one time was 17. Some of the nurses received their training at Morija. After the Revolution, the hospital was nationalized.
Friesen, Peter M. Die Alt-Evangelische Mennonitische Brüderschaft in Russland (1789-1910) im Rahmen der mennonitischen Gesamtgeschichte. Halbstadt: Verlagsgesellschaft "Raduga." 1911: 58.
Mennonitisches Jahrbuch (Gnadenfeld, 1913): 172.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 32. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Krahn, Cornelius. "Ohrloff Mennonite Hospital (Molotschna Colony, South Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/O496.html.
APA style: Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Ohrloff Mennonite Hospital (Molotschna Colony, South Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/O496.html.