Old Colony Mennonite Church (Blumenfeld, Manitoba, Canada)
|Blumenfeld Old Colony Church, 2003|
The Old Colony Mennonite Church (Alt-Kolonie Mennonitengemeinde) at Blumenfeld, Manitoba began services in 1936 with the re-organization of Old Colony Mennonites who had not migrated to Mexico or those who had recently returned from Mexico. The Blumenfeld meeting house was built in the summer of 1938 at a cost of $800.00. The lot was donated by George Elias. It was dedicated 20 October 1938.
In 2010 services were held in Low German and the congregation was led by Aeltester Peter Elias.
The congregation is part of the Old Colony Mennonite Church of Manitoba.
Gutsche, Horst W. "Verzeichnis deutschsprachiger Gemeinden und Seelsorger in Kanada." March 2010. Web. 23 February 2012. http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/index/cms-filesystem-action/pdfs/german-cdn/101217-1.pdf.
Petkau, Irene Friesen. Blumenfeld: Where Land and People Meet. 1981: 41-45.
Rempel, Abraham E. "Old Colony Mennonite Church in Manitoba" in Old Colony Mennonites in Canada 1875 to 2000, edited by Delbert F. Plett. Steinbach, MB: Crossway Publications, Inc., 2001: 139-141.
Address: 34 Blumenfeld Avenue, Blumenfeld MB
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Redekopp, Alf. "Old Colony Mennonite Church (Blumenfeld, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2012. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/O52.html.
APA style: Redekopp, Alf. (March 2012). Old Colony Mennonite Church (Blumenfeld, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/O52.html.