Old Colony Mennonite Church (Reinfeld, Manitoba, Canada)
The Old Colony Mennonite (Alt-Kolonie Mennonitengemeinde) congregation at Reinfeld, Manitoba traces its beginning to 1936 with the reorganization of Old Colony Mennonites who had not migrated to Mexico or those who had recently returned from Mexico. In 1957 the former school in Reinfeld was remodeled into a church and dedicated on 29 September 1957.
In 2010 the congregation's service was in Low German and the church was led by Aeltester Peter Elias.
The congregation is part of the Old Colony Mennonite Church of Manitoba.
Gutsche, Horst W. "Verzeichnis deutschsprachiger Gemeinden und Seelsorger in Kanada." March 2010. Web. 23 February 2012..
Rempel, Abraham E. "Old Colony Mennonite Church in Manitoba" in Old Colony Mennonites in Canada 1875 to 2000, edited by Delbert F. Plett. Steinbach, MB: Crossway Publications, Inc., 2001: 139-141.
Address: 5 Reinfeld Street South, Reinfeld MB
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Redekopp, Alf. "Old Colony Mennonite Church (Reinfeld, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2012. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/O529.html.
APA style: Redekopp, Alf. (March 2012). Old Colony Mennonite Church (Reinfeld, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/O529.html.