Old Colony Mennonite Church (Rosetown, Manitoba, Canada)
|Rosetown Old Colony Church, 2003|
The Old Colony Mennonite (Alt-Kolonie Mennonitengemeinde) congregation at Rosetown (formerly called Rosenort), Manitoba began services in 1936 with the reorganization of Old Colony Mennonites who had not migrated to Mexico or those who had recently returned from Mexico. The meeting place was dedicated 7 November 1937. It was replaced with a new building on 28 July 1963. The old building was used for Sunday School classes. Later the new sanctuary was moved onto a basement, and the old church sold and moved to Neuenberg where it was converted to a house.
The ownership of the Rosetown Church was transferred to the new German Old Colony Mennonite Church established under the direction of Abram Rempel and Henry K. Wiebe in 2003.
The congregation is part of the Old Colony Mennonite Church of Manitoba.
Rempel, Abraham E. "Old Colony Mennonite Church in Manitoba" in Old Colony Mennonites in Canada 1875 to 2000, edited by Delbert F. Plett. Steinbach, MB: Crossway Publications, Inc., 2001: 139-141.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Redekopp, Alf. "Old Colony Mennonite Church (Rosetown, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2012. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/O5292.html.
APA style: Redekopp, Alf. (March 2012). Old Colony Mennonite Church (Rosetown, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/O5292.html.