Oldehove (Groningen, Netherlands)
Oldehove, a hamlet in the Dutch province of Groningen, was shortly after 1530 a center of Anabaptist activity. Later on there were a number of Mennonites here, who with Mennonites of some neighboring hamlets formed the congregation of Humsterland, also called the Oldehove congregation. According to tradition there was a small meetinghouse at Oldehove. During the mid-1950s the Mennonites living here belonged to the Noordhorn congregation, a special Mennonite circle of Oldehove-Saaxum-Ezinge having been founded in 1947.
Doopsgezinde Bijdragen (1861): 152.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 52. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: van der Zijpp, Nanne. "Oldehove (Groningen, Netherlands)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/O5516.html.
APA style: van der Zijpp, Nanne. (1959). Oldehove (Groningen, Netherlands). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/O5516.html.