Ostrovo Kampe (Poland)
Ostrovo Kampe, near the hamlet of Ehrental, situated on the east side of the Vistula in Poland, was settled by Mennonites, who were members of the Przechovka Old Flemish Mennonite congregation and had their own Mennonite school in the Ostrovo Kampe. Repeatedly struck by floods, most of them left this area about 1765, settling in the Netzebruch, while the remainder in 1821 moved to Russia and settled at Alexanderwohl.
Duerksen, J. A. "Przechowka and Alexanderwohl." Mennonite Life 10 (April 1955): 76, 78.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 93. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: van der Zijpp, Nanne. "Ostrovo Kampe (Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/O860.html.
APA style: van der Zijpp, Nanne. (1959). Ostrovo Kampe (Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/O860.html.