Pineview Mennonite Church (Vassar, Michigan, USA)
The Pineview Mennonite Church (formerly the Mennonite Gospel Mission) was a project of the Pigeon River Conservative Mennonite Church, and is located near Vassar, Michigan. The first service was held in a local schoolhouse in August 1938 and the work was led by Emanuel Swartzendruber. In 1945 Orie Kauffman took charge of the mission, moving into the community in 1948. In 1950 a new church was dedicated. The membership in 1956 is 15; Elam Bender was pastor in charge of the mission. In 2005 Roger Hazen was the pastor; membership was 44. The congregation is part of the Conservative Mennonite Conference.
In 2011 the leading minister was Roger Hazen and the congregational membership was 44.
Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2011. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2011: 53.
Pineview Mennonite Church. "About Us." Web. 22 April 2012. http://www.pineviewmennonite.org/index.php?p=1_4_About-Us.
Address: 4415 Swaffer Rd, Vassar MI 48768-9289
Website: Pineview Mennonite Church
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 624. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Kauffman, Orie and Richard D. Thiessen. "Pineview Mennonite Church (Vassar, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2012. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/P557.html.
APA style: Kauffman, Orie and Richard D. Thiessen. (April 2012). Pineview Mennonite Church (Vassar, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/P557.html.