Prairie Rose Evangelical Mennonite Church (Landmark, Manitoba, Canada)
The Prairie Rose Evangelical Mennonite congregation began services in 1920. The first building was occupied in 1920 with subsequent building programs in 1944 and 1963. H. R. Reimer is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from the Steinbach area in a search for more land.
In 1965 there were 297 members; in 1975, 315; in 1985, 355; in 1995, 356; in 2000, 411. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Conference. The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in the 1940s-1950s.
The church building was completely destroyed by fire 27 June 1963.
Canadian Mennonite (28 June 1963): 3; (21 January 1964): 3.
The Messenger (13 May 1988): 4.
Church records at church and the Evangelical Mennonite Conference Archives.
Location: Highway 210, 1/2 km west of the corner of Highway 206 and Highway 210
Mailing Address: Box 130, Landmark, MB R0A 0X0
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Reimer, David P. and Marlene Epp. "Prairie Rose Evangelical Mennonite Church (Landmark, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/P7356ME.html.
APA style: Reimer, David P. and Marlene Epp. (February 1989). Prairie Rose Evangelical Mennonite Church (Landmark, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/P7356ME.html.