Reinland Mennonite Church (Altona, Manitoba, Canada)
The Reinland Mennonite congregation at Altona, MB began services in 1958. The first building was occupied in 1958. The congregation originated through division from the Sommerfeld Mennonite Church over a desire to maintain old worship patterns and use of the German language.
The Reinlander Mennonite Church of Manitoba has one Aeltester and nine ministers for seven congregations. Total membership of the conference in 1990 was 1550. Services are provided on a rotational basis. All leaders are not salaried.
Bishop William H. Friesen served in 1990 as a non-salaried congregational leader. The congregation has been affiliated with the Reinland Mennonite Church. The language of worship is German.
Canadian Mennonite (24 October 1958): 3.
Reimer, Margaret Loewen. One Quilt Many Pieces: a Reference Guide to Mennonite Groups in Canada. Waterloo, ON: Mennonite Publishing Service, 1990: 46.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Steiner, Sam. "Reinland Mennonite Church (Altona, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1997. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/R4571.html.
APA style: Steiner, Sam. (April 1997). Reinland Mennonite Church (Altona, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/R4571.html.