Ridgewood Church (Steinbach, Manitoba, Canada)
|Ridgewood Church, Steinbach, Manitoba
Source: EMC Website
The Ridgewood Church in Steinbach, Manitoba began services and formally organized in 1958. The first building was occupied in 1958. Peter P. Friesen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through church planting by Blumenort Evangelical Mennonite Church due to size.
The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in the 1950s.
Loewen, Royden. Blumenort: a Mennonite Community in Transition 1874-1982. Blumenort: Blumenort Mennonite Historical Society, 1983.
Church records at the church.
Mailing Address: Box 18, Grp. 3, RR1, Steinbach, MB
Meeting Location: 2 miles north of Steinbach Clearspring Mall, 3 miles east on Hwy 311.
Website: Ridgewood Church
Denominational Affiliation: Evangelical Mennonite Conference
Ridgewood Church Membership
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Ridgewood Church (Steinbach, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2012. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/R568.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (March 2012). Ridgewood Church (Steinbach, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/R568.html.