Rosehill Mennonite Brethren Church (Munich, North Dakota, USA)
The Munich (or Rosehill) Mennonite Brethren Church is located eight miles (13 km) east of Munich, Cavalier County, North Dakota , and is a member of the Mennonite Brethren Central District Conference. It was organized 27 December 1897, under the leadership of Johann Enns, who served the congregation as minister 15 years. At that time the church had approximately 60 members. A church building was erected in 1898 and remodeled in 1927. Ministers who served this congregation up to 1956 were John Guenther for 32 years, B. B. Fadenrecht, contemporary with him for 18 years, David Hooge 1942-1947, G. W. Schroeder 1948-1954, and Arthur Harder 1955-1957. The membership in 1956 was 62. David Hooge, G. W. Schroeder, Arthur Harder, and Leroy Schroeder were also teaching in the Community Bible Academy.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 777. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Dick, A. A. "Rosehill Mennonite Brethren Church (Munich, North Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 19 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/R6737.html.
APA style: Dick, A. A. (1957). Rosehill Mennonite Brethren Church (Munich, North Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/R6737.html.