Sandhills Hutterite Colony (Beiseker, Alberta, Canada)
Sandhill Hutterite Bruderhof, near Beiseker, Alberta, belonging to the Dariusleut branch, was founded in 1936 by a group from the Springvale Hutterite Colony, with the preacher Jacob K. Wurz. The Sandhill Bruderhof has in turn founded the Ferrybank Colony at Ponaka, Alberta, and is in process of establishing a Bruderhof at Leask, Saskatchewan. Ministers ordained by Sandhill are Frank A. Wollman and John M. Wurz. In 1958 the baptized membership was 46, and the total number of souls 160.
In 2012 Sandhills Hutterite Colony was a Dariusleut colony. The minister was Andrew M. Wurz and the manager was Mike C. Wurz.
Location: Beiseker, Alberta (coordinates: 51.3356, -113.375 [51° 20' 08" N, 113° 22' 30" W])
Address: Box 249, Beiseker, AB T0M 0G0
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 416. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Wurz, John M. and Bert Friesen. "Sandhills Hutterite Colony (Beiseker, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2013. Web. 20 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/S2532.html.
APA style: Wurz, John M. and Bert Friesen. (April 2013). Sandhills Hutterite Colony (Beiseker, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/S2532.html.