Santa Rosa Mennonite Church (Santa Rosa, La Pampa Province, Argentina)
Santa Rosa (Argentina) Mennonite Church, located at Santa Rosa, F.C.O. Pampa, Argentine Republic. Santa Rosa (pop. 20,000 in 1959; 94,340 in 2003) is the capital of La Pampa. It is located about 360 miles west of Buenos Aires. Work was started here in 1921 by D. Parke Lantz and his wife, who moved here simply to hold the town. Later in the same year meetings were begun by Albano Luayza who had come with his wife from the Alliance Church. The following year the congregation was organized; the Luayza family lived here until 1939, during which time 75 persons were baptized. Santa Rosa is a center of Catholicism and the work was started under much opposition. The pastor has always been an Argentine. The membership in 1957 was 36, with Pedro Lanik as pastor.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 418. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Weber, L. S. "Santa Rosa Mennonite Church (Santa Rosa, La Pampa Province, Argentina)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/S2572.html.
APA style: Weber, L. S. (1959). Santa Rosa Mennonite Church (Santa Rosa, La Pampa Province, Argentina). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/S2572.html.