St. Vital Community Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)
The St. Vital Community Church in St. Vital, MB began services in 1956, and formally organized in 1959. The first building was occupied in 1956. C. W. Loewen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Christian Fellowship Chapel on Osborne St.
The congregation was originally called Avalon Evangelical Mennonite Brethren. After the congregation dissolved, the building was sold to the emerging St. Vital Evangelical Mennonite Church.
The congregation dissolved about 1990. The congregation had been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren and the Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches (1987-90). The language of worship is English.
The congregation was located at 11 Avalon Rd., Winnipeg, MB. Pastor Dan Dugan served in the 1980s as a congregational leader.
Canadian Mennonite (20 May 1960): 15.
The Messenger (EMC) (6 July 1990): 11.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "St. Vital Community Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 1986. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/S718.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (September 1986). St. Vital Community Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/S718.html.