Stuartburn Sommerfeld Mennonite Church (Stuartburn, Manitoba, Canada)
The Stuartburn Sommerfeld Mennonite congregation at Stuartburn, MB began services about 1937, although worship services were held in private homes prior to that date. The first building was occupied in 1937. The present meetinghouse was moved from Osterwick in 1967 when that church closed. Sunday school began in 1959.
In 1993 there were 40 members. The congregation has been affiliated with the Sommerfeld Mennonite Church of Manitoba. The language of worship in the 1990s was German and English, though Sunday school was entirely in English.
Pastoral leaders that have served at Stuartburn include Jacob Loewen and Henry T. Schroeder.
The church building is located 4 km west of Stuartburn on the south side of the Morden-Sprague highway.
Peters, Jake. "An Annotated Bibliography of Materials Relating to the Sommerfelder Mennonite Church." Research paper, Canadian Mennonite Bible College, 1979.
Sommerfeld Mennonite Church Centennial Celebrations, July 4, 1993, Morris, Manitoba, 1893-1993. 1993: 18.
Bergen, Peter. History of the Sommerfeld Mennonite Church : That is the Background and First Hundred Years of the Sommerfeld Mennonite Church. Altona, MB: The Church, 2001: 203-204.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Steiner, Sam. "Stuartburn Sommerfeld Mennonite Church (Stuartburn, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 1997. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/S7835.html.
APA style: Steiner, Sam. (March 1997). Stuartburn Sommerfeld Mennonite Church (Stuartburn, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/S7835.html.