Thomashof (Baden-Württemberg, Germany)
Thomashof, located two miles (three km) east of Durlach, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, an influential South German Mennonite conference and retreat center, and rest home, called Bibelheim Thomashof, was established by the purchase on 26 March 1924, of the former inn (Kurhaus) by that name with 2 acres of land, lying adjacent to Lamprechtshof, the farm of Elder David Horsch, by a group of men from the Badischer Verband, who call themselves the Bruderrat (Brother Council) and have owned and operated it. It was dedicated 29 June 1924. On 27 December 1954, an added 30-bed guest building was completed and dedicated. Christian Schnebele was the housefather from the beginning. Regular weekly Sunday services are held in the chapel, as are occasional Bible conferences, ministers' weeks, youth conferences, etc. The deaconess work of the Verband also has its headquarters here. Paying guests desiring recreation in a quiet spiritual atmosphere are received at all times.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 716, 1129. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Thomashof (Baden-Württemberg, Germany)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/T58982.html.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1959). Thomashof (Baden-Württemberg, Germany). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/T58982.html.