Toledo Mennonite Church (Toledo, Ohio, USA)
Toledo Mennonite Church (formely Bancroft Mennonite Church on West Bancroft Street), 5501 Nebraska Avenue, Toledo, Ohio (Mennonite Church USA), a member of the Ohio Conference of Mennonite Church USA, began in 1945 as a mission conducted by the Fulton County and Williams County Mennonite congregations. The first meetinghouse was dedicated on 15 December 1946. Freeman Aschliman, ordained in 1949, is in charge of this congregation of 38 members in 1959. In 1996 the congregation moved to the Nebraska Avenue location, and changed its name to Toledo Mennonite Church.
"Toledo Mennonite Church." Mennonite Church USA Online Directory. Accessed 9 July 2007. <http://directory.mennoniteusa.org/congregation.asp?CongregationID=1931>
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 1063. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Klassen, William. "Toledo Mennonite Church (Toledo, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/T6635.html.
APA style: Klassen, William. (1959). Toledo Mennonite Church (Toledo, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/T6635.html.