Uelzen (Niedersachsen, Germany)
Uelzen, Germany, the former center of the Hannover Mennonite Church (first called Soltau-Uelzen) composed of Mennonite refugees from the Danzig area, founded in 1948 and renamed Hannover in 1956 since the center of the congregation was moved from the city of Uelzen (21 miles southeast of Lüneburg) to the city of Hannover. Actually in 1955 the 380 registered members were scattered over a wide area. The elder has been Albert Goertz from the beginning, resident in Espelkamp-Mittwald.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 761. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Uelzen (Niedersachsen, Germany)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/U23.html.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1959). Uelzen (Niedersachsen, Germany). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/U23.html.