Ulrich Foundation, Inc. (Roanoke, Illinois, USA)
Ulrich Foundation, Inc., Roanoke, Illinois, was incorporated in 1949 as a nonprofit corporation for religious, charitable, and educational work, and scientific and agricultural service and research. In 1958 its officers were R. M. Ulrich, president; Verda Ulrich, vice-president; and Harold A. Zehr, executive secretary. Its planning committee consisted of R. M. Ulrich, Harold A. Zehr, John D. Hartzler, N. D. Kennell, Ivan R. Bachman, and John P. Ulrich. The major activity of the Foundation is the operation of a program near Aibonito, Puerto Rico, which included experimentation in dairying, poultry production, artificial breeding, horticulture, and the operation of a dental service. The program supplements the work of the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities in the area. The local director was Lawrence Greaser. The organ of the Foundation was The Foundation Echo.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 771. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Zehr, Harold A. "Ulrich Foundation, Inc. (Roanoke, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/U438.html.
APA style: Zehr, Harold A. (1959). Ulrich Foundation, Inc. (Roanoke, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/U438.html.