Vanderhoof Christian Fellowship (Vanderhoof, British Columbia, Canada)
The Vanderhoof Christian Fellowship at Vanderhoof, British Columbia, began as a revival amongst Sommerfelder Mennonites who had moved to the Vanderhoof area from the prairies during the 1950s. Services began in 1959, and the church formally organized in 1970. The first building was occupied in 1963, with a subsequent building program in 1974. The language of worship is English.
LeRoy Barkman served as pastor of the congregation from 1985 until 1995, and James Penner served from 1995 until 2003. Brad Schneck became pastor of the congregation in 2004.
Canadian Mennonite (6 March 1959): 3; (31 December 1969): 6.
Hancock, Lyn, ed. Vanderhoof: the Town That Wouldn't Wait. Vanderhoof: Nechako Valley Historical Society, 1979, 211 pp.
Address: Box 377, Vanderhoof, BC V0J 3A0
Location: 263 Vanderview Drive, Vanderhoof, BC
Website: Vanderhoof Christian Fellowship
Evangelical Mennonite Conference (1970-present)
Vanderhoof Christian Fellowship Membership
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Vanderhoof Christian Fellowship (Vanderhoof, British Columbia, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 2012. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/V354.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (January 2012). Vanderhoof Christian Fellowship (Vanderhoof, British Columbia, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/V354.html.