Vineland Missionary Church (Vineland, Ontario, Canada)
The Vineland Missionary Church in Vineland, ON began services in 1849. The first building was occupied in 1881, with a subsequent building program in 1961. Daniel Brenneman and Solomon Eby are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through division from Moyer Mennonite Church in 1849 over acceptance of revivalism, prayer meetings, etc.
This was the first group of "New Mennonites" which later became part of the Mennonite Brethren in Christ (now Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada).
In 1900 there were 47 members; in 1925, 125; in 1950, 113; in 1975, 132; in 1985, 144; in 1995, 142; in 2000, 149. The congregation has been affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church (1883-1947), United Missionary Church (1947-1969), Missionary Church (1969-1993) and Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada, Canada East (1993-). The language of worship is English.
The congregation's address is Box 47, 3874 Victoria Ave. S., Vineland, ON, L0R 2C0. (905) 562-7141. Located on the west side of Victoria Ave., south of Hwy. 8. Pastor Glenn Hart served in 2002 as a congregational leader.
Storms, Everek. History of Vineland MBC.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Vineland Missionary Church (Vineland, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 1986. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/V5543.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (December 1986). Vineland Missionary Church (Vineland, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/V5543.html.