Waldheim (Saskatchewan, Canada)
Waldheim, Saskatchewan, is a town (1959 population, 462; 2001 population, 889) situated in a Mennonite district about 35 miles (56 kilometres) north of Saskatoon. The two main churches of the town in the late 1950s were the Zoar Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite) with 209 members (1957) and J. L. Zacharias as leading minister, and the Waldheim Mennonite Brethren Church with 87 members and J. H. Jantzen as the leader and deacon. The town also had a Seventh-Day Adventist Church, whose members come mostly from Mennonites. There was also a hospital in the town.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 876. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Rempel, John G. "Waldheim (Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W348.html.
APA style: Rempel, John G. (1959). Waldheim (Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W348.html.