Wallenstein Bible Chapel (Wallenstein, Ontario, Canada)
The Wallenstein Bible Chapel at Wallenstein, ON began services about 1933, and formally organized in 1934. The first building was occupied in 1939, with a subsequent building program in 1968. Henry Janzen and Frank Guthrie are considered founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by Plymouth Brethren and individuals.
Wallenstein Bible Chapel began as a Sunday school in Hawkesville with strong appeal to conservative Mennonite groups. In the early years the group's strongest links were to the Mennonite Brethren and the Brethren Assemblies.
Elder John M. Martin served as a early congregational leader. The congregation has been affiliated with the Plymouth Brethren. The language of worship is English.
The church is located .7 km south of Wallenstein on Waterloo Regional Road 10.
Brubacher, Jim. "A 'Strange Spirit' Challenges the Foundation of the Old Order Mennonite Expression of Faith." Research paper, Waterloo, Mennonites in Canada collection, "1970-Old Order," Mennonite Archives of Ontario
Hiebert, Esther. "History of the Markham-Waterloo Conference." Research paper, 1980, Canadian Mennonite Bible College, 62 pp. Mennonite Archives of Ontario.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Wallenstein Bible Chapel (Wallenstein, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W3552.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). Wallenstein Bible Chapel (Wallenstein, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W3552.html.