Walsall Mennonite Church (Johnstown, Pennsylvania, USA)
Walsall Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located near Johnstown, Pennsylvania, began as a mission Sunday-school outpost of the Stahl congregation in the Walsall school building in 1938. In 1941 a small chapel, with a seating capacity of 60, was erected by the Stahl congregation. It was organized as a congregation under the Allegheny Mennonite Conference in 1951. The membership in 1958 was 35, with David C. Alwine in charge. The community in which the church is located and from which the membership is drawn is of varied background. The congregation had a very rapid increase at the time of its organization, but since that time there has been a gradual decrease, due to the changing population and other reasons. In 1959 there were 32 members.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 882. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Alwine, David C. "Walsall Mennonite Church (Johnstown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W3564.html.
APA style: Alwine, David C. (1959). Walsall Mennonite Church (Johnstown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W3564.html.