Waltonville (Pennsylvania, USA)
Waltonville, a rural hamlet on the meandering road from Hummelstown to Middletown, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, where in 1933 some members of the Strickler-Shope congregation held Sunday school in a member's yard. The congregation took over the work thus opened. A deserted red school, abandoned through the Derry Township consolidation, was leased for their services, and opened 15 October 1933. The general attendance was 62. In 1935 it was decided to transport the children to the Strickler-Shope Sunday school and discontinue Waltonville.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 884. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Waltonville (Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W35897.html.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1959). Waltonville (Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W35897.html.