Wellesley (Ontario, Canada)
The Mennonite Conference of Ontario in 1865 provided preaching services every four weeks for scattered families of Wellesley Township in the northwest corner of Waterloo County. Regular appointments were listed for twenty years. No communion service was reported. Since 1900 only a cemetery remains. The nearer Mennonite churches in the 1950s were Shantz north of Baden, Hawkesville to the east, and Maple View Amish Mennonite westward.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 914. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Fretz, Joseph C. "Wellesley (Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W453.html.
APA style: Fretz, Joseph C. (1959). Wellesley (Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W453.html.