West Fairview Mennonite Church (Beaver Crossing, Nebraska, USA)
West Fairview Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located near Beaver Crossing, Seward County, Nebraska, is a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference. It began as an extension Sunday school of the East Fairview Mennonite Church prior to 1904, for the benefit of members who lived too far away from the church. These members met in various schools until 1905, when a meetinghouse was built about five miles from the East Fairview meetinghouse. Joe Whitaker from Parnell, Iowa, became the first minister. Other ministers who have served are John Steckley, Chris Steckley, Fred Gingerich, Jacob Oswald, John R. Troyer, Ezra Roth, Lloyal Burkey, Dale Oswald, and William R. Eicher (ordained as minister in 1916 and as bishop in 1932), the bishop-pastor in 1959. The membership in 1959 was 110. A new church, 72 x 42 ft, was dedicated in 1956.
Address: 597 350th, Beaver Crossing NE 68313; Phone: 402-761-2923.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 919. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Eicher, William R. "West Fairview Mennonite Church (Beaver Crossing, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W4722.html.
APA style: Eicher, William R. (1959). West Fairview Mennonite Church (Beaver Crossing, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W4722.html.