West Liberty (Ohio, USA)
West Liberty, Ohio, a village of ca. 1,400 in the late 1950s (1,813 in 2000), located almost on the boundary between Logan and Champaign counties, is the center of a Mennonite (Mennonite Church) community of three congregations with a total of some 700 baptized members: Bethel in town, Oak Grove to the southeast, and South Union to the north. In the village is the Adriel School for mentally handicapped children, formerly the Mennonite Children's Home. The community was settled ca. 1850 and has grown steadily.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 920. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "West Liberty (Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 26 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W4732.html.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1959). West Liberty (Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W4732.html.