Whitefish Outreach (Whitefish, Ontario, Canada)
The Whitefish mission at Whitefish, ON began services in 1946. Thomas Martin is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by individuals from Waters Mennonite Church.
Whitefish began as a Sunday school outreach; it was never an organized congregation. It was finally absorbed by Baptist and United churches in the area.
The congregation was located 16 km west of Sudbury on Highway 17. Lay leader Thomas Martin served in 1959 as a congregational leader. The congregation dissolved in 1959. It had been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario. The language of worship was English.
Gospel Herald (8 March 1946): 960.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Whitefish Outreach (Whitefish, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W5073.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Whitefish Outreach (Whitefish, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W5073.html.