Windsor United Mennonite Church (Windsor, Ontario, Canada)
The Windsor United Mennonite congregation in Windsor, ON began services in 1927. Jacob H. Janzen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union in the 1920s.
Membership was included with that of the Essex County United Mennonite Church at Leamington. Ministerial leadership was shared with Rev. Jacob Braun and Rev. Johann Dick.
The congregation met in homes and for a time in a Lutheran church. Minister William Schellenberg served in the 1940s as a non-salaried congregational leader. The congregation dissolved in the 1940s. It had been affiliated with the Conference of United Mennonite Churches of Ontario. The language of worship was German.
Memories: Sixty Years of Mennonite Life in Essex and Kent Counties, 1925-1985. Leamington, ON, 1985, 78 pp.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Windsor United Mennonite Church (Windsor, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W5615.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Windsor United Mennonite Church (Windsor, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W5615.html.