Women's Ministries (Evangelical Mennonite Brethren)
The Evangelical Mennonite Brethren (Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches) Women’s Mission Society was established in 1943 as an auxiliary organization of the conference. A variety of programs were developed involving missionary and relief work centering in the local church women’s groups. Devotions and Bible studies were an important part of these meetings. At the annual meeting of the organization during conference time, special projects such as love offerings to a selected group of missionaries, were determined. The appearance at these annual meetings of missionaries on furlough offered opportunity for better understanding and appreciation of the missionary program. At the conference in 1986 the name of the society was changed to the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Women's Ministries "to better portray all the different kinds of ministries our women are involved in."
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 5, p. 935. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Schultz, Arnold C. "Women's Ministries (Evangelical Mennonite Brethren)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1989. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W654.html.
APA style: Schultz, Arnold C. (1989). Women's Ministries (Evangelical Mennonite Brethren). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W654.html.