Zeugnis der Schrift
Zeugnis der Schrift, a 16-page 6x9 inch (several issues of larger format) monthly published by the Herbert (Saskatchewan, Canada) Bible School (Mennonite Brethren). The first issue, September 1924, contained the catalog of the Bible School. Beginning with November 1925 the journal was published by the Rundschau Publishing House, Winnipeg, MB. William J. Bestvater, the principal of the Bible School, served as editor until publication ceased in December 1929, assisted by A. H. Unruh, principal of the Winkler Bible School, 1925-29. In July 1944 Bestvater resumed the publishing of Zeugnis der Schrift as a 12-page mimeographed monthly. He also published an English edition, Witness of the Word, a 12-page monthly, with a few exceptions. Both were written and produced by the author at 6908 Park Drive, Bell, CA, to present a "prophetic" interpretation of the Scriptures. The last German and English issues of the paper found in the Mennonite Library and Archives (North Newton, Kansas, USA) are dated December 1947.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Krahn, Cornelius. "Zeugnis der Schrift." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/Z524.html.
APA style: Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Zeugnis der Schrift. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/Z524.html.