Zion Mennonite Church (Birdsboro, Pennsylvania, USA)
Zion Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Birdsboro, Pennsylvania is a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference and was organized 24 April 1951, with 42 charter members coming largely from the Conestoga congregation with T. K. Hershey as bishop-pastor. The work was started in 1916 as an outpost of Conestoga. Meetings were held in the former Friedens Baptist Church until July 1951, when the former Zion Methodist Church was occupied, which is located seven miles (11 km) south of Reading and eight (13 km) miles north of Morgantown. An annex was added in 1955, the building was enlarged in 1980, and to meet the growing needs of the congregation, was renovated again in June, 2003. Ford Berg served as pastor 1954-1957, followed by Jesse Yoder 1957-1959 (ord. 1951). In 1958 the membership was 90; in 2008 the membership was 94.
"About Us." Zion Mennonite Church. http://www.zionmennonite.com/About_Us/story.php (accessed 16 February 2009)
Address: 582 Zion Road, Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
Website: Zion Mennonite Church
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 1033, 1139-1140. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Gingerich, Melvin, Harold S. Bender and Sam Steiner. "Zion Mennonite Church (Birdsboro, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2009. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/Z57713.html.
APA style: Gingerich, Melvin, Harold S. Bender and Sam Steiner. (2009). Zion Mennonite Church (Birdsboro, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/Z57713.html.