Agape Verlag (Basel, Switzerland)
Agape Verlag, with headquarters at Starenstrasse 41, Basel, Switzerland, was established in 1956 as a subsidiary of the Mennonite Publishing House, Scottdale, Pennsylvania. Its chief publication in the 1950s was the series of summer Bible school manuals in German and French, which was prepared by a corps of editors originally appointed by the Mennonite Central Committee. The manuals were basically translations from the English manuals published at Scottdale. The European Advisory Committee represented the interests of the South German, Swiss, and French Mennonite Conferences. The work was begun ca. 1950, but the name "Agape Verlag" was not adopted until 1956.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1057. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Agape Verlag (Basel, Switzerland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/agape_verlag_basel_switzerland.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1959). Agape Verlag (Basel, Switzerland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/agape_verlag_basel_switzerland.