Central District Reporter (Periodical)
Central District Reporter was the official organ of the Central District of the General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM). The merger agreement between the Central Conference of Mennonites and the Middle District of the General Conference Mennonite Church called for the discontinuance of the Christian Evangel, organ of the former, with the June issue of 1957 (the end of volume 47 of the Evangel), and the launching of a new publication. Robert W. Hartzler was named editor of the new magazine, which appeared for the first time in July 1957. Although the place of publication had been Goshen, Indiana, from the beginning, the issues of 1957 were printed and distributed from Newton, Kansas. An 8-page, 9 x 12 in. monthly, it confined itself to reporting activities of the conference and its constituent congregations, institutions, and individual members.
In 2010 the Reporter was published six times a year.
Website: Central District Conference Reporter
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1071. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Springer, N. P. "Central District Reporter (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 20 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/central_district_reporter_periodical.
APA style: Springer, N. P. (1959). Central District Reporter (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/central_district_reporter_periodical.