Clear Spring Mennonite Church (Clear Spring, Maryland, USA)
Clear Spring Mennonite Church, located one mile south (two km) of Clear Spring, Maryland is a member of the Washington County, Maryland, and Franklin County, Pennsylvania, Mennonite Conference. The earliest meetinghouse was built in 1857 and rebuilt in 1912. Ministers who served the congregation include John Summers, John Rowland, Daniel Roth, Abraham Ebersole, and Josiah Brewer. In 1948 Samuel R. Eby served as pastor and M. K. Horst as bishop. The congregation consisted of a rural people in the mid-20th century. Sunday school was conducted with every morning service, which was biweekly. The 1949 membership was 71. In 2009 the membership was 87; C. Leonard Eby and C. Lester Eby served as ministers.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 620. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Risser, John D. "Clear Spring Mennonite Church (Clear Spring, Maryland, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/clear_spring_mennonite_church_clear_spring.
APA style: Risser, John D. (1953). Clear Spring Mennonite Church (Clear Spring, Maryland, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/clear_spring_mennonite_church_clear_spring.